Do you want to win a family vacation for up to four people or treat your grandparent to a visit or trip up to $2500? If you love your grandparents, or a person over 65 who has played that role in your life, you’ve come to the right set of rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
SPONSOR.Caring Across Generations is fiscally sponsored by Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, which operates as a 501(c)(3)
1. ENTRY PERIODS.Throwback Yearbook (the “Contest”) will start on July 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM ET and end on September 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM ET (“Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY.Entrants must reside in the 48 contiguous United States and be 18 years of age or older, or 13 years of age or older with parental consent. Employees of Sponsor and its respective affiliates, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate families (parent, child, spouse or sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and those living in their same households, whether or not related) are not eligible to win. By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are binding and final on matters relating to the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER. During the Entry Period, Entrants may submit an entry by visiting the Contest website at www.throwbacksummer.com/enter/ (the “Contest Site”), nominating their grandparent or person over 65 in one of five
categories: Best Dressed, Most Talented, Life of the Party, Most Inspiring, and Most Ahead of Their Time, posting the nominee’s name and nickname, a description of the Entrant’s relationship with nominee and at least one image or photograph of the nominee (“Entry”). Limit [three (3)] Entries per Entrant. Entries received from any person in excess of this limitation will be void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
4. ENTRY/SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. All Entries must be in the English language. Each Entry must also comply with the following:
a. To win, the Entry must be original work, created solely by the Entrant, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
b. The Entry must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than the Entrant, the nominee, and any consenting members of their families. The Entrant must not submit any personally identifiable information of the person Entrant is nominating without the express consent of that individual unless deceased. Should you include personally identifiable information in your Entry, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you will be solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
c. The Entry may not have been previously published and may not have won previous awards.
d. The Entry may not contain any material or elements that are not owned by you or the person with whom you are involved in a relationship and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties.
By submitting your Entry, you agree that your Entry conforms to these Official Rules and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your Entry for any reason at any time, including if it determines, in its sole discretion, that your Entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant permission for the Entry to be posted on the Contest Site and other locations as may be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. You agree that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of any Entry by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry.
5. JUDGING. Visitor Votes shall be votes for Entries by visitors to the Contest Site. Visitor voters shall be able to cast one (1) vote per day for the duration of the Contest. Visitor Votes shall be only one element of the Judging Criteria used to determine potential winners, not to exceed 50% of such Judging Criteria, which is enumerated below. All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of judges (which may include employees of Sponsor) based on the following: creativity, originality, geographic and demographic diversity, strength of the intergenerational relationship, ability of Entries to succesfully communicate to and engage with audiences and to represent Caring Across Generations in public appereances, and Visitor Votes (as hereinafter defined) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). Sponsor will select twenty five (25) Entries as potential winners in each category. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from these potential winners. One Category Winner will be selected in each category from the remaining potential winners. Sponsor reserves the right to choose fewer than twenty five (25) potential winners in each category if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
6. EVALUATION CRITERIA. All Contest entries will be considered by a Selection Committee composed of the Sponsor and outside judges. Sponsor decisions are final. Votes gained by each Entry will play a role in the selection process (up to, but no more than, 50% of final decision). The Selection Committee will favor submissions that display outstanding creativity, originality, diversity and narrative interest.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION. Selected potential winners will be notified by Sponsor within twenty eight (28) days from the end of the Entry Period. The notification shall inform the selected potential winners that their Entry was chosen as a selected potential winner and will require a response back to Sponsor within forty eight (48) hours with a valid email address or postal address to which Sponsor may send an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be signed and returned within fourteen (14) days of receipt. Documents can be signed and returned by either scanning and returning via e-mail or by regular mail at Sponsor’s address. Return of a prize eligibility notification as undeliverable, failure to sign and return requested documentation within the specified time period, the inability of Sponsor to contact a selected potential winner within a reasonable time period or noncompliance with these Official Rules by any selected potential winner will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, the prize may be awarded to another Entry. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
8. PRIZES: One (1) winner will be eligible to receive the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a family vacation with a value of up to $2500, either through gift certificates for airlines and hotels and/or in the form of a reimbursement check to winner. This will be based on the discretion of the Sponsor.
Five (5) Category Winners will receive a personalized iPad mini.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Winners are solely responsible for all taxes associated with the acceptance and use of any prize. All Winners will receive a 1099-MISC income form, which will also be filed with the Internal Revenue Service in accordance with applicable law. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By entering this contest and accepting a prize, you agree: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and affiliates, subsidiaries, and the respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from your participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize; and (c) to the use of your name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. You agree not to release any publicity or other materials on your own or through someone else regarding your participation in the Contest without the prior consent of the Sponsor, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. Sharing the Contest via social media and personal channels in a lawful manner and in accordance with applicable social media platform rules as encouraged by the Sponsor is permissible.
10. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ALL ENTRIES. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant to Sponsor, and to its licensees, successors and assigns, and any person or entity acting on its behalf, the irrevocable right and license to use, publish, modify, edit, transmit and distribute the Entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity for any and all purposes without compensation, prior notice, permission, consent to you or any third party.
11. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in New York and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Contest, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Official Winner shall be resolved individually, by binding arbitration to be conducted in New York County, New York, and without resort to any form of class action. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ entire liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. SEVERABILITY. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
14. MISCELLANEOUS. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, the announcement of the prize, the incorrect uploading of the Entry or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person or his/her computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated Entries will be void. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken using the judging procedure outlined above.
15. CANCELLATION. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.